Release Date: February 23, 2015
- Microsoft Windows (Workstation and Server)
- Mac OSX (Intel)
This revision introduces the following features:
- Custom log file size for isf.log rotation enabling administrators to specify a certain size for the log file to reach before it is rotated by the endpoint. The default size value for the log file is 4 MB.
- Romote.log: Tracks remote actions initiated in the iSheriff Cloud Dashboard Portal such as requesting a device to be scanned or requesting a device to update its Antivirus Signatures. This log file helps troubleshoot actions for such requests.
In order to configure custom log file size for isf.log, please use the following steps:
- Start Notepad or Wordpad with "Run as Administrator" permissions.
- Open the isf.local configuration file.
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\CloudClient\isf.local
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\CloudClient\isf.local
- Go to the end of the file and add: logrotate_mb:<size_in_MB> where <size_in_MB> is the numerical value of the log file size.
The log file size (<size_in_MB> above) must be larger than 0 AND equal to or less than 1024.
- Save file and restart the "Cloud Client Service".
- Start Terminal.
- Change Directory to Cloud Client App by typing: cd /Applications/Cloud Client.app
- Open isf.local by typing: sudo nano isf.local
Upon using the sudo command, you will be prompted for a password. Use root or administrator password to proceed.
- Go to the end of the file and add: logrotate_mb:<size_in_MB> where <size_in_MB> is the numerical value of the log file size
- Save file by using Ctrl+X key combination and pressing the <ENTER> key when prompted for file name.
- Restart the computer.
Please contact iSheriff Technical Support Team for further assistance.