How can I block a site without blocking category?
Exceptions give administrators a way to quickly Block URLs and IP addresses from the categories those are set to Allow.
Creating an exception does not require changing the category of a URL, nor does it change the policy assigned to affected clients. It simply blocks a flexible and rapid response to user requests, changes in company policies, spikes in Internet activity, or other changes in circumstance.
- Log in to Cloud portal
- Go to Filter Management Tab
Then go to Filter Management à Overview
- Click on edit to update the filtering policy
Click on Exception à Block
- Type the URL in questions under Site
Blocking a particular domain will also block sub-domains. You may optionally match on path as well (this is the part of the URL after the "/").
In this example, you could block users to access the page http://abc.go.com/watch-live while the contents hosted from the other paths including the main site abc.go.com would be remain allowed.
- You may add Notes for reference. This is an optional field.
- Once finish adding All URLs, click on Save button to make the changes permanent